To motivate and unite women as leaders, donors and advocates for the University of Kentucky
Leadership Council members will be asked to serve a three-year term. After serving a three-year term, members will then rotate off and may be invited by the council to return after a 12-month hiatus. An exception may be made if a council member is asked to serve as a Network or Committee Co-Chair. In this instance, the term will then be extended for three more years.
- Demonstrate philanthropic leadership through gifts to the University
- Be a leader in shaping and developing the Woman & Philanthropy Network
- Create a culture of service and philanthropy at the University
- Serve on either the Outreach or Program Committee
Suggested Criteria for Membership in Women & Philanthropy Leadership Council
- Have been W&P members for at least 12 months
- Have attended at least one symposium
- Agree to attend at least 50% of the Leadership Council meetings (includes council meetings and symposium)
- Up to one third of the council should live outside Kentucky
- At least one half of the council should live in Kentucky
- At least two members should be employed at UK
- A variety of ages will be considered
- Ethnic diversity will be considered
W&P Network Chairs and Committee Chairs will review all submitted names and recommend new council members based on the criteria listed above.
The Women and Philanthropy Network will begin their year on the date of the November symposium. Financial commitment must be received by this meeting to be considered a current member with voting privileges.