Foundations enter into partnerships to
• Outsource their philanthropic ideas
• Support well defined plans
• Accomplish mutually beneficial goals
Corporations make investments based on their
• Community, workforce and reputation
• Ability to receive recognition, accountability and reporting
• Common goals; companies are more likely to support mutually beneficial plans
Preparing Your Proposal
• What are you proposing?
• How much funding are you requesting?
• Why is your project important?
• How does it fit the donor’s interests?
• What makes you qualified to do this?
• How will you measure or assess your success?
• How will you sustain your project?
Tips for Success
• Do your research and don’t over ask
• Tailor your strengths to the funder’s priorities
• Summarize your case early
• Be confident, but avoid superlatives
• Show rather than tell
• Follow the directions
• Be clear and concise
For more information, call Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy at (859) 257-1308.