Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy helps UK research faculty early in their careers find funding opportunities in their fields of study to seed preliminary research and to support career development and innovation, connecting them to the tools, partners and resources they need to secure private support for their work.
Typically, private foundations fund novel, cutting-edge programs and projects that are riskier than what the federal government may support. These foundation gifts lead to groundbreaking research and results that give faculty the preliminary data and leverage they need to later secure larger awards.
For more information or help as you begin seeking funding sources, contact Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy at (859) 257-1308.
Potential Foundations/Awards for New Investigators/Junior Faculty
- Pew Biomedical Scholar
- Pew-Stewart Scholar
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- Doris Duke Foundation
- Edward Mallinckrodt Jr. Foundation
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Esther A. & Joseph Klingenstein Fund
- Searle Scholars
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
- Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation Scholars
- Simons Foundation